The Hong Kong Chefs Association logo is the official symbol specifically used to identify HKCA in all forms of visual communication, except when written in text. The goal in every instance of the logo’s use and reproduction is to promote a crisp, clean image and to match the official colors of the logo. In the dual interests of branding the Association and protecting the image of the HKCA members, use of HKCA’s logo is restricted to promotion by the Association and approved, paid licensing by all other entities.
HKCA allows use of its logo for promoting the Association and its events or programs. Internal use includes business purposes (letterhead, business cards, etc.), collateral (brochures, handbooks, applications, etc.), publications (Toque ‘N Wok), and marketing (event signage, merchandise for sale, commemorative pins and plaques, media advertising, etc.). Other uses include news media, and approved corporate partners and contracted vendors.
Unauthorized use of HKCA’s logo will result in legal action by the Association against the entity/individual to the full extent that the law allows.
All uses other than those specified above, by all persons and entities within and outside the organization, must pursue licensing for the use of HKCA’s logo.
- Submit payment for licensing.
- Upon receipt of the licensing fee, a contract will be signed by the applying entity and HKCA.
- Resubmit the required application for renewal of licensing for a second use or at the end of the contracted period.
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR MAINTAINING THE INTEGRITY OF THE OFFICIAL HONG KONG CHEFS ASSOCIATION LOGO:
The following points briefly describe the general uses and/or misuses of the official HKCA logo. These will be discussed and elaborated upon in the pages to come.
- Permission must be obtained from the HKCA Committee to use the official HKCA l logo.
- Unauthorized use of HKCA’s logo will result in legal action by the federation against the entity/ individual to the full extent that the law allows.
- Improper use of the HKCA logo is not permitted.
- The HKCA logo must not be supplied to any agencies without prior permission from the HKCA Committee.
- The logo must always be reproduced from approved original artwork.
- Scanned images of the logo are prohibited.
- The logo should be displayed clearly and may not be altered or otherwise distorted.
- The logo must only be used in the approved colors, and those colors are not to be interchanged on any components of the logo.
- The logo may not be used as part of a headline or running text.
- The exclusion zone, or clear zone, must always be respected.
OFFICIAL HKCA LOGO AUTHORIZED VERSIONS
Original artwork of the official HKCA logo is provided digitally in a JPG file format that is suitable for use on Macintosh and Windows operating systems. A version of the logo in an Adobe Illustrator EPS format can be obtained from the HKCA Brand Marketing representative if necessary. This would only be relevant in situations where pixel resolution is an issue. Adobe Illustrator art is vector-based, which allows artwork to be enlarged or reduced without loss of reproduction quality.